Joel P. Iannuzzi
Joel P. Iannuzzi, Esq.
Location: Rutland, Vermont
Contact: Contact Me
Joel Iannuzzi has been an AV rated attorney for more than twenty years, the highest rating given to lawyers by Martindale-Hubbell, the principal nationwide attorney rating service.
Mr. Iannuzzi has been a practicing civil litigator and trial attorney since 1984, upon his admission to the New York State Bar, at which time he was also admitted to the Southern and Eastern U.S. District Courts of New York. He was admitted to the U.S. Supreme Court in 1991.
Mr. Iannuzzi was a founder and principal of the New York City firm of Beck & Iannuzzi and its successor firm, Beck, Iannuzzi & Garcia. His firm represented insurance carriers, including Aetna, Liberty Mutual, Empire, and Travelers and specialized in construction/labor law defense and general premises liability litigation. The firm became primary counsel in the New York Metropolitan area for Peter Kiewit & Sons, the largest private construction firm in the United States. The firm also became primary counsel in the New York Metropolitan area for Herco and its subsidiary, Hersey Park.
In 2002, Mr. Iannuzzi and his family relocated to Vermont. He joined the firm in March of 2003 and was admitted to the Vermont State and Federal Bars that same year. He is currently a Partner who practices in all facets of civil litigation, including commercial litigation, personal injury litigation, construction litigation, employment litigation and insurance coverage litigation.
Mr. Iannuzzi currently resides in Manchester, Vermont with his wife Patty and two daughters. He is an active skier, golfer, tennis and platform tennis player.
Areas of Practice
- General Liability – Insurance Defense and Private Clients Litigation Percentage
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Vermont, 2003
- New York, 1984
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1984
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1984
- U.S. District Court District of Vermont, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit, 2016
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1991
- Fordham University School of Law, New York, New York – 1983
- Fordham University (B.S. summa cum laude – 1980)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Vermont Bar Association, Member
- Rutland County Bar Association, Member
- Northern New England Defense Counsel Association, Member
- Brooklyn Manhattan Trial Lawyers Association, Past President
- New York City Trial Lawyers Association, Past Member, Board of Directors